I am trying to remember a conference where I took more insight and direction from what I heard. Here are just a few of the thoughts that came to me:
- President Uchtdorf’s comment about turning our switches to “do it now” really resonated with me.
- I need to be more faithful in temple attendance.
- I need to do a better job of telling Courtney I love her and of acting the part. I was so touched by Elder Scott’s account of his relationship with his wife. I want that.
- I was deeply impressed by how much the Lord loves us.
- I very much enjoyed the emphasis on children during the Saturday Morning session. The story of the young girl who saw angels was very moving for me.
- I need to do a better job of understanding priesthood keys. It seems that no matter how much I learn or think I know, there is more to treasure and love. President Eyring’s talk, along with Elder Gibson’s, was particularly powerful for this topic.
- I loved Elder Holland’s insight into some of the behind-the-scenes activity that happens with conference talks, and the speaker before him, who spoke on the Atonement, gave one of the more enjoyable talks on that subject in recent memory.
- Elder Snow gave one of the more inspiring talks on hope that I’ve heard in a while as well.
- The “Be” and “Do” speaker (can’t remember his name right now) gave one of the most incredible talks on behavior, attitude, and parenting I can remember.
- Coming away from the conference, I’m feeling the need to be more consistent in my actions, more driven in direction, and more faithful in teaching and leading my family. I noticed that many different speakers referred to dad as the head of the house and mom as the heart. Something to pay attention to.
- I deeply appreciated President Monson’s talk on the temple. I admit that the temple is more often a fond goal than an actual action for us. No excuses, but the thought did come to me that we do what we value; I need to value the temple more.
So much more I could write, and yet I’m overwhelmed by what I already have. I suppose it’s a good thing to be overwhelmed by such as this. I’m very much looking forward to the upcoming Ensign and talks on CD.