I get the feeling that I’ve done all this before. And I’m probably right. This November has seen the repetition of many past Novembers starting with Courtney’s surgery yesterday.
When Katherine was born those many moons ago, Courtney had a terrifying complication that put her back in the hospital for several days. Because of that, she missed the 2004 election. Last week, right in time for the 2008 election, Courtney found out that the same complication, although much smaller and less life-threatening, had occurred again. Back to the hospital for the same procedure. Even our insurance was the same. About the only difference was the post-surgery effects. This time was much better.
A year ago in November, our laptop decided to quit on us. Last night, our screen gave out on our laptop. The result, send it in for a repair, was the same. Hopefully the time it took (almost 6 weeks last time) isn’t anywhere near the same, but you never know. At least it is under warranty.
Two fairly serious events that coordinate to this time of year. It’s all coincidence of course, but it has me looking over my shoulder at past Novembers wondering what could be next. Here’s a list of possible “repeats:”
- I got my mission call in a November…. Now wouldn’t a second mission call be interesting?
- We bought a car in two past Novembers (2003 and 2007).
- We got a visit from Courtney’s parents in a November, and they are coming in a week or two. Count that as part of the current Repeat November.
- I got a new job in a November (twice). I hope that doesn’t happen since I’m really enjoying what I do now.
- We refinanced the house in a November. I’d really rather not again, thank you.
About the only other thing I can think of right now for Repeat November is that I tend to eat my own weight over Thanksgiving. I think I can handle that.
But please, let’s avoid most of the rest.